4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Paint Over Mold


When you have mold in your home, it can be tempting to paint over it rather than to remove the mold and repair the surface. This is because paint makes it look like the mold has gone away and that your home looks good as new again; however, painting over mold can be extremely dangerous and cause more problems in the future. Here are four reasons why you shouldn’t paint over mold rather than mold removal Toronto.

The Paint Does Not Adhere Perfectly to the Surface:

The paint will not be able to adhere well to the surface of the wall, and it may peel off in chunks. This can be a problem if you try to paint over it again. That’s because the new layer will have nothing to grab onto; this is especially true for oil-based paints, which are less flexible than water-based paints. Another issue is that the old mold spores will continue to exist below the new layer of paint unless you scrape them out.

The Mold Won’t Stop Growing Beneath the Paint:

Mold can grow beneath layers of paint, because it’s a living organism and doesn’t care about the surface it’s growing on. Once it gains an entry point, mold will continue to grow until the moisture source is gone. If you’re in a situation where you’re unable to remove the moisture source (i.e. pipe leak), then be sure not to cover over any mold with more paint. Therefore, the only way to go about mold removal Toronto is by removing the source, which means tearing out any drywall that has been infected.

Peeling and Bubbling of Paint:

Paint that has been applied over mold can begin to peel and bubble. This can create an even bigger problem as the mold continues to grow underneath. It is important to get rid of the mold first, then paint over it for a long-lasting solution. The longer you wait, the more likely your new coat will peel off or have discoloration due to the mold. If you don’t know how to get rid of it yourself, it’s always ideal to contact professionals of mould remediation Toronto for help.

Health Problems from Mold Exposure:

When mold spores are released into the air, they can trigger allergic reactions such as red eyes and runny noses. Some people who come into contact with mold spores may develop more serious health problems like asthma or an infection of the lungs.

While mold can look unsightly, what many people don’t realize is that it can also be harmful to your health and the health of your loved ones. Mold often spreads very easily and quickly, so if you see signs of mold in your home or business, contact the professionals offering mould removal Toronto today.

The author is a mold removal Toronto professional with years of experience in this field of work. In this article, he explains why painting over mold is not a good idea. To know more, visit https://absolutemoldremoval.ca/

Comments are closed