Is Your Pet at Risk for Mold Growth? Know the Dangers and What to Do!


Mold growth in your house can be dangerous, but mold growth in your pets can be even worse. Your pets depend on you to provide them with the healthiest living environment possible, and you can do this by keeping their home clean and free of contaminants such as mold spores. However, if you don’t know the signs of mold growth, it could go unnoticed for some time, during which your pet could suffer adverse health effects. Know what they are below so you will know if mold removal in Toronto is required.

Respiratory Problems:

Mold growth can cause respiratory problems for your pets, like coughing and wheezing. If you suspect that your pet has been exposed to mold, make sure to remove the animal from the contaminated environment as quickly as possible. For example, if there is a flood in your house and water damage was caused by a pipe burst or toilet leak, then you will need to remove all animals from the home until it is safe for them to stay again.

Loss of Appetite:

Due to the toxic fumes, it’s no wonder your pet won’t eat. Remember that this is a serious sign and needs to be treated right away. The sooner you take your pet in for treatment, the better their chances of survival will be. While some cases are milder than others, they can still become life-threatening if mold removal in Toronto is not done sooner. If you have any doubts or questions about the condition of your pet or have seen any changes since last week, contact a veterinarian soon.

Skin Sores:

A pet with a skin sore caused by mold growth may have an itchy, red patch on their skin that is painful to the touch. These sores can be caused by any number of things, but the most common cause is mold growth. Several skin infections in pets can be caused from mold growth and it’s important to get these sores taken care of quickly. This can be difficult because if your pet has a sore, they will lick and scratch at it which only makes the problem worse.


Mold growth and pet lethargy often go hand-in-hand. Lethargy is one symptom to watch out for because it can be a sign that your pet’s immune system is compromised and the mold is affecting their health. If you notice extreme lethargy in your pets, seek help from a vet at the earliest and make arrangements for mould removal in Toronto.

Mold growth in your pets can be dangerous and potentially fatal, so it’s important to take the right steps to prevent mold growth in your pets’ environment. If you notice any signs of mold infestation, contact an expert mould remediation Toronto company without delay. They will get rid of mold effectively to safeguard the health of you and your loved ones.

The author is working at a recognized company specialized in mould remediation Toronto for several years. In this article, he explains some of the dangers of mold exposure for pets. Visit

Comments are closed