What is parent and grandparents Super visa? and its eligibility

What is the Super Visa for Canad

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents who want to visit their close relatives can apply for what are called “Super Visas,” which are like long-term visitor’s visas. The multiple entries Super Visa is only good for ten years or one month before the applicant’s passport expires, whichever comes first. Within that time, people with Super Visas can stay in Canada for up to two years at a time. A regular visitor visa, on the other hand, is usually only good for up to 6 months.

The Super Visa program can still be useful for people from countries that don’t need visas. People from countries that don’t need visas can usually stay in Canada for up to 6 months without getting a visitor visa. Under the new program, a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident from a visa-exempt country can apply from outside of Canada for a Letter of Introduction, which they can then show to a border official when they arrive in Canada. When a Letter of Introduction is shown to a Canadian border official, the person is usually allowed to stay in the country for two years.

Another benefit of the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa is that it takes only about 8 weeks to process.

Eligibility For super visa

This visa is applied for at a visa office outside of Canada. To get a Parents and Grandparents Super Visa, the person must meet certain requirements.

First, the person applying must be able to get a regular visitor visa. This means that, in addition to being in good health and having a valid travel document, the applicant must convince a Canadian immigration official that they will willingly leave the country at the end of their authorized stay, that they have enough ties to their home country, such as a job, family, or property, and that they have enough money to support themselves for the length of their stay.

  • Prove that they are the parents or grandparents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  • Get super visa insurance from a Canadian company that is good for at least a year and covers at least $100,000 for medical care, hospitalization, and getting back home.
  • Get a medical exam.
  • Show proof that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  • Write the applicant a letter of invitation. This letter gives information about the applicant’s planned trip, as well as about the child or grandchild’s job and economic situation in Canada.
  • The most important part of this letter is that it must include a written and signed promise to pay for the applicant’s trip;
  • Show that their income is above a minimum level that has been set.

It’s important to know that people with a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa have the same rights and limits as people with a regular tourist visa. This means that they can’t work or go to school in Canada.

It’s also important to know that you can get a Super Visa even if your application for permanent residency is still being processed.

Comments are closed